With summer just around the corner, staying healthy is likely not at the top of your to-do list. Resisting the temptations of patio drinking and BBQ’s with friends can be tough when it comes to maintaining your health goals. This … Continue reading
Doesn’t it seem like you just detoxed all of that gross crap out of your body? … or perhaps you thought about cleansing but you never got around to it. Sound familiar? Regardless of whether of not you’ve tried a detox … Continue reading
3) Plan your healthy meals in advance on a calendar or in a journal – this will help keep you focused, help you to prepare meals ahead of time, and ensure that you don’t just grab something that’s convenient. If you know you will be busy one evening, plan to cook a bit extra the night before so you have a meal to grab and go. *Tip* Microwaves kill the nutrients in your food, take the extra 3 minutes and pull out the pan to warm up your meal, YOU CAN DO IT! 😉
4) Schedule in your workouts for each week – maybe your goal isn’t to run a marathon but besides the appearance benefit of exercise, it will help to circulate your lymph, and aid your body in eliminating toxins. Does your work out partner suck? It’s time to go browse and interview a few new ones. Here are some traits to look for: someone who likes to work hard, set goals, inspires you, shares the same schedules as you and likes to sweat like a pig.
5) Think happy thoughts! – Healthy choices are not just about improving the health of the body, but also the health of the mind. When it becomes difficult, negative thoughts may arise creating an acidic environment in the body. Write down encouraging phrases which will support you throughout this positive process.
As I’m sure you have all noticed, it’s getting a little chilly outside and instead of our only concern being a sunburn, we now need to prepare for cold weather and everything it brings…including the flu season. How are you going to protect yourself this year?
The good news: our body by nature was built to survive. In this case, we have the immune system which is the body’s defence mechanism to fight off those foreign invaders we can’t always avoid. The bad news? It ain’t always so great! Just like a car, you need to take care the mechanism or chances are, it’s going to break down. When it isn’t in fine condition, the immune system can fail to operate and this is when you see signs and symptoms which can run you down and have an effect on your daily activities.
How to Tune up Your Body…
Bring in the Maid
I can NOT stress enough how important it is to detox your body once in a while. Along with boosting the immune system, when done properly it will allow your body to clear all the essential pathways to ensure proper elimination.
Bust a Move
Disease generally follows any blockage in the body. In other words, get off your lil’ tush up and do somethin’, whether it’s running, biking, swimming, sex, or simply going for a stroll. This will increase blood circulation (which carries essential nutrients) and stimulate your muscles which are needed to ensure your immune system is working efficiently.
Break the Cravings
Eating foods such as chips, pop, white breads, or anything that is refined, processed or neuked will take a toll on your immune system. It is a MUST that you are consuming plenty of WATER, fruits, veggies and whole grains so your body is provided with the essential fuel to run the engine…and not break down!
Below is a scrumptiousssss tea full of all the goodies to keep your body kicking strong this season.
2 oranges, juiced
1 lemon, juiced
2 tsp. vanilla
1 thumb size piece of fresh ginger (the more, the better!)
1 tbsp. raw honey
1 tsp. herb of your choice (Echinacea, sage, golden seal [strong], astragalus)
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Take the liquid and strain it through cheesecloth into a sealed jar. In a mug, fill 1/4 of the cup with the mixture and fill the rest with boiling water. Add more honey if you prefer a little sweeter. Keep the leftover mixture refrigerated. Enjoy!
Oranges: contains powerful antioxidants, high in vitamin c to fight off airborne germs.
Lemons: increases production of white blood cells and antibodies, has an alkalinizing effect on the body (that’s a good thing!), antioxidant, stimulates digestion and is nutrient-rich.
Vanilla: antioxidant… and it just tastes yummy!
Ginger: has a warming effect on the body, an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti microbial, contains 2 natural antibiotics, helps eliminate congestion, eases throat pain, kills cold viruses, stimulates digestion and high in nutrients.
RAW Honey: neutralizes toxins, harmonizes the liver, antibacterial/allergenic/inflammatory/toxic, expectorant, reduces fever, mild sedative, PACKED with vitamins, enzymes and minerals. For optimal benefits, the honey must be raw and unpasteurized.
Herbs: use specific herbs depending on what you’re battling
Click here for another seasonal tip!
With summer flashing before our eyes (sigh), it’s time to prepare ourselves for shorter days, cold nights and the most dreaded.. flu season. Before you run to the health food store for your tubs of vitamin C, it’s time to think DETOX! With the weather still being above freezing, there’s still time to prepare our bodies by clearing our elimination pathways for a kick-ass immune system this year. Take a deep breath, I’m not suggesting you drink water, lemon, honey and cayenne pepper for a week.. please don’t starve yourself! I’m talkin’ whole foods, removing the crap and tweaking your lifestyle for a few days..or weeks!
Sign up today and learn how to detox and boost your immune system (or your kids) during the change of seasons. Within 1 appointment you will receive and understand an easy to follow detox plan which best suits your hectic lifestyle.
- Learn the benefits and absolute importance of detoxing – even if you’re the healthiest nut out there, we can’t avoid all the chemical goodies out there which clog up the system. However, if you drink caffeine, eat packaged/processed foods, consume sugar, or have stress in your life then your past due.
- Detox-approved recipes – I can preach to you for as long as you will listen but if you don’t have simple recipes to follow, getting started may be a little difficult. Follow these recipes which correspond to your plan and this will be a breeze!
- Getting started tips, plans and tools – grocery list, places to go, people to see, and the list goes on. Detoxing should not put more stress in your life, so don’t let it. Each tid bit of information provided will make this experience easier and easier.
- Live Cell Analysis – See the before and after results from detoxing!
- What to expect – yes my friends, you WILL notice a big difference..some good and some bad (but it’s actually good..huh?)
- Lifestyle cleansing tips – what you can do to kick start the process and increase overall results.