I’m sure you’ve heard this before but I’m going to say it again… I have the most WONDERFUL business partner ever!! After sweating buckets this morning, Ang and I ventured off to Kitchener to do a live segment With Susan from Rogers TV. We had the great opportunity to talk about New Years Resolutions and how to stick to them. Stay tuned for news on our upcoming fitness and diet segment on a live demo with Jay and Susan!
Below are some highlights from the show and some more helpful tips to keep you on track for 2012.
‘Tis the Season to be Jolly!!! And Merry …and Bright…
But after all the Fa-la-la’s are you feeling a little dragged down? Over tired? And perhaps even a little Over-indulged? As cliché as this may be, New Year’s is the perfect starting point to make some good positive changes in your bogged-down lives.
Now is the time to really start thinking about what you can do to improve your health and well-being. How many of us have planned on getting in shape by joining a gym only to go for the first month and dropping the membership like a sack of potatoes? How many of us have full intensions of ridding all the junk from our diet to find ourselves eating a full bag of chips 2 weeks later? Let’s face it, New Years Resolutions SUCK! Or do they? Now it’s time to learn from the two gals themselves who have been as guilty as sin when it comes to sticking to their ultimate New Years Resolution…
Refresh Yourself in 2012 with these five simple tips on how to stay on track!
1.) K.I.S.S – Keep It Simple, Sunshine!
- Keep your goals simple and realistic.
- Have an end goal and break that goal into smaller, achievable monthly tasks.
2.) Get Yourself Organized…before-hand
- Ditch that lazy work out buddy and replace him/her with someone who shares the same goals and schedule as you and most importantly, someone who will not only push you but support you along the way.
- Find out what kind of equipment you will need BEFORE starting your new program.
- Clear your kitchen cupboard or fridge from all the junk and replace it with all the goodness to avoid temptation.
- Be prepared for cravings or previous bad habits sneaking back up on you.
3.) Hold Yourself Accountable
- Tell someone about your goals. By doing this, not only are you creating a support for yourself but you are now responsible for your own actions. In a simple term: No Cheating!
- Join a group of like-minded people …Hellloooo bootcamp!!! (smooth, we know!)
- Write down your goals and keep the list in a place where you will be constantly reminded.
4.) Check-In Often
- Refer to this list often to remind yourself of not only your current tasks but also your end goal.
5.) Embrace it!
- Enjoy what you are doing and have fun with it!
- “Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good…” be proud of your accomplishments and remember that it’s natural to feel like you’re sometimes going backwards rather than forwards.
- I promise you, we’re not crazy! It’s okay to treat yourself once in a while, so go ahead and have a cookie. Now saying that, we do encourage you to make wise choices as there are sooooo many YUMMY alternatives for treats